Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
Published: 18:35 2 January 2020 Updated: 23:27 2 January 2020
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal
Bangladesh Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has been named the best Finance Minister in the world by UK-based business magazine ‘The Banker’ on Thursday.
The Financial Times Group magazine honored the minister as the ‘Finance Minister of the Year for Asia Pacific and Global Award-2020’.
Meanwhile, Finance Minister dedicated the award to the countrymen. He thanked Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and said that this was achieved only by following the direction of the Prime Minister.
The magazine has been given the ‘Finance Minister of the Year’ since 2004 to the finance ministers around the world - in view of the steps taken to ensure long-term development, including mobility in the financial sector.
Five finance ministers from each of the five regions — Asia-Pacific, America, Africa, the Middle East and Europe — where one of them was declared the best finance ministers in the world. This is the first time any finance minister of Bangladesh has received this award.
The Indonesian Finance Minister received the award in 2019. Former Indian Finance Minister Arun Jaitley received the award n 2018 and Argentina Finance Minister received the ‘Finance Minister of the Year’ in 2017.
Noted that after forming a government led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in 2019, AHM Mustafa Kamal was given the responsibility of the Finance Minister. Prior to this, he served as the Planning Minister from 2014 to 2018.
Immediately after taking charge of the Finance Minister, he took several effective steps to keep pace with the ongoing economic growth and bring discipline back into the financial sector. It brings positive results, including accelerating the growth of Bangladesh’s economy.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials