Most awaited Covid-19 vaccine to arrive today
Published: 09:58 21 January 2021
The most awaited Covid-19 vaccine will be arriving in the country today.
2 million doses of Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine, sent as a gift from the Government of India, will arrive at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in the capital on a special Air India flight on Thursday afternoon.
Health Minister Zahid Maleque will receive India’s vaccine-gift from the airport.
From there, the vaccine will be stored in the Tejgaon Expanded Program of Immunization (EPI) in the capital.
Besides, 5 million doses of the first consignment of Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine purchased by the government of Bangladesh from the Serum Institute of India will reach the country on January 25.
According to the Health Service Division sources, the vaccination will be officially launched on January 27 or 28 at a Covid-19 Dedicated Hospital in the capital Dhaka. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina likely to attend the event virtually. On the first day, 20 to 25 people from different walks of life will be vaccinated directly along with the health workers involved in the treatment of Covid-19 patients.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- Syed Shamsul Haque’s birth anniversary today
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Globe Biotech allowed to produce ‘Bangavax’ vaccine for trial
- Final feasibility survey before next budget
2nd Padma Bridge also to be funded by govt if necessary
- Bangladesh to deposit money to buy Oxford`s vaccine on Sunday
- General Ataul Hakim Sarwar Hasan appointed Commandant of NDC