‘Moni-Poppy entered exam hall 15-min later’
Published: 19:07 11 July 2019
Madrasa teacher Abul Khayer gave testimony in the murder case of Nusrat Jahan Rafi of Feni. With this, testimony and questionning to 13 people have ended. Besides, the court has fixed July 14 for the testimony.
On Thursday, the teacher testified the court of Justice Mamunur Rashid of District Women and Child Repression Tribunal.
“On Thursday, madrasa teacher Abul Khayer gave the testimony. After testifying, defense lawyers questioned him,” said the prosecutor’s lawyer M. Shahjahan Saju.
“In the testimony, Abul Khayer told the court- On April 6, Kamrun Nahar Moni and Umme Sultana entered the exam hall 15 minutes later,” he also said adding, “When they were asked, they said they were in the bathroom. Later, he got the news of Nusrat torching on fire.”
Shahjahan Saju further said, “The testimony of two more witnesses will be held on July 14. They are - Abdul Halim Mamun and Md. Yusuf.”
Earlier on 27 June, the testimonies of Nusrat murder began with the plaintiff and first witness Nusrat’s elder brother Mahmudul Hassan Noman. Then the defense lawyers started questioning him, which ended on Sunday (June 30).
Later on Monday and Tuesday, Nusrat Jahan Rafi’s friend Nishat Sultana and classmate Nasrin Sultana Furti’s testimonies and questioning ended.
Nusrat’s elder brother Mahmudul Hassan Noman filed a case against with Sonagazi Model Police Station mentioning the name of eight accused including Siraj Ud-Daula. Police and PBI arrested 21 people, including eight main accused of the case. 12 people gave confessional statements involving in the murder case.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Court denies bail for Minni
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni
- 7 killed in Thakurgaon two buses collision
- Bail hearing for Minni today