Modi expresses gratitude to Sheikh Hasina
Published: 11:11 21 June 2021
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Indian counterpart Narendra Modi
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed his gratitude to his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina for celebrating International Day of Yoga every year in Bangladesh.
"I wish to extend through your good offices, my deepest gratitude for the cooperation and efforts extended by one and all in making the International Day of Yoga celebrations a resounding success every year in Bangladesh," Modi wrote in a letter to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
In 2004, the overwhelming response of the United Nations General Assembly to recognize June 21 as the International Day of Yoga underlined the universal appeal of Yoga that transcends all barriers and since then, the international Day of Yoga has been marked globally.
The Indian premier expressed his hope that International Day of Yoga celebrations would continue to enjoy the Bangladesh government's support in the years ahead.
"It was heartening to see our sisters and brothers in Bangladesh turning out in massive numbers in the last few years to perform Yoga at the Bangabandhu National Stadium," Modi wrote.
He also wished good health and well-being of Sheikh Hasina, her family and all citizens of Bangladesh.
In the midst of this monumental challenge, Modi said, the COVID-19 warriors have waged a remarkable fight against the pandemic. "While the threat of the pandemic remains, there have been positive development since the last International Day of Yoga," he added.
Regarding vaccines, Modi said, "Vaccination drives are underway in several nations, including India. I remain optimistic that humanity shall overcome the pandemic very soon.”
Modi said the theme for this year's International Day of Yoga is "Yoga for Wellness", which is particularly relevant in the current context.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic