Mobile call rate, internet cost increasing
Published: 18:53 11 June 2020
The supplementary duty on services provided through mobile phone SIM or RIM card will be increased by 5 percent to 15 percent, as a result, the users will have to pay extra charges for sending SMS, voice calls, and internet usage, said Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal in the proposed budget for the 2020-21 fiscal year at Jatiya Sangsad on Thursday.
As a result of the 5 percent increase in the supplementary duty, the cost of mobile phone services will be increased from 15 percent VAT, 1 percent surcharge, 15 percent supplementary duty and other expenses from 27.77 percent to 33.25 percent this time.
In the previous fiscal year also increased the supplementary duty from 5 percent to 10 percent.
Currently, mobile phone users have to pay 15 percent VAT, 10 percent supplementary duty and one percent surcharge on their phone call, internet and other usage bills.
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Bourses maintain gaining streak
- Online shopping fraud on rise
- New monetary policy announced setting 14.8 percent debt growth
- Stocks rebound on both bourses
- BEZA approved setting up 10 more Economic Zones
- 20 pc discount on air ticket by bKash payment
- New gas connections in residentials to be pre-paid
- End of suffering for pension money
- DSE records lowest transaction in 13 yrs today
- Bangladesh to produce own brand motor vehicles: Humayun
- Broiler chicken prices fall Tk 10 per kg
- ‘BB giving Tk 4,000 Eid bonus in bKash’ a rumor
- BB to probe transactions, e-commerce activities of evaly
- WB approves $1.05 bn to address economic damages