MoU signed between DU and Iwate University
Published: 22:17 6 November 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Dhaka University and Iwate University, Japan was signed today to foster international cooperation in education and research.
Dean of the Faculty of Biological Sciences of DU Prof. Dr. M Imdadul Hoque and Dean of the United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences of Iwate University Dr. Matsuo Uemura signed the MoU on behalf of their respective university, said a DU press release.
According to the MoU, DU and Iwate University will work together to develop academic and research activities on biological sciences including stress physiology, agro biosciences, environmental sciences, and sustainable agriculture.
The two universities will also conduct joint research and jointly publish papers on scientific journals. They will also jointly organize conferences, seminars, workshops, and training programs.
DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr. Akhtaruzzaman, Register Md. Enamuzzaman, Chairpersons of different departments under biological sciences faculty were present on the occasion held at VC’s lounge on the campus.
DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr. Akhtaruzzaman thanked the authorities of Iwate University for signing the MoU. He hoped that the teachers, researchers, and students of both universities will be benefited from the MoU. He emphasized on launching a collaborative research program among the reputed universities of the world for the betterment of human civilization.
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- ‘Badhan Transfusion Center’ starts journey in DU
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- No GPA-5 in JSC exams
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- JSC-JDC exam begins tomorrow
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- 11th convocation of RU on Nov 30