`Mitali Express` train inaugurated on Dhaka-Jalpaiguri route
Published: 19:39 27 March 2021 Updated: 20:46 27 March 2021
Mitali Express train serives; File Photo
A new passenger train named 'Mitali Express' between Dhaka and New Jalpaiguri (NJP) of India's West Bengal state has been flagged off. The train was jointly inaugurated by Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi on Saturday evening.
According to railway sources, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has proposed the name of the Dhaka-Jalpaiguri train 'Mitali Express'. If India does not object, this name will be final.
The name of the new train proposed by the railways was announced last Sunday. The train will run from both the countries two days a week. The train will leave Bangladesh on Monday and Thursday.
On the other hand, it has been proposed to run the train from India on Sunday and Wednesday. This train will not stop at any station on the way.
At present, there are two trains between the two countries, 'Maitri' on the 'Dhaka-Kolkata' route and 'Bandhan' on the 'Kolkata-Khulna' route. Mitali Express is the third train service between Bangladesh and India.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic