Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
Published: 22:53 21 March 2021 Updated: 22:53 21 March 2021
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a new train to mark the golden jubilee of independence on Sunday. The train, named 'Mitali Express', will run from Dhaka Cantonment Railway Station to New Jalpaiguri via Chilahati in Nilphamari.
On Sunday, the proposed name of the new train was announced by Bangladesh Railway.
Railway authorities said the train will run twice a week from both countries: Monday and Thursday from Bangladesh and Sunday and Wednesday from India.
It is learned that the name 'Mitali Express' has been fixed by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Now, if India agrees, the Dhaka-Jalpaiguri train will run under this name.
According to railway officials, four names were sent to the Prime Minister to fix the name of the new train - Mitali, Sampriti, Suhrid and Bondhu. She chose the name Mitali from these. They think that India will not disagree with this name.
Among the two trains running between India and Bangladesh now, the Dhaka-Kolkata train is called Maitri Express and the Khulna-Kolkata route is called Bondhan Express.
Sardar Shahadat Ali, Additional Director General (Operations) of Railways, said a proposal has been sent to India on train name, fares and revenue. Everything will be known in a day or two.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic