Missing man found dead inside Dinosaur Statue in Spain
Published: 19:38 24 May 2021
A decorative dinosaur statue located in Barcelona
A 39-year-old man was found dead inside the leg of a decorative papier-mache dinosaur statue in Spain. Spanish police are investigating the matter.
Authorities were alerted on Saturday after the dead body detected. A father and his son noticed a smell emanating from the papier-mâché figure in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a suburb of Barcelona.
The father then saw the corpse through a crack in the Stegosaurus' hollow leg. Later, he informed the police of the matter.
Police said the man had been reported missing by his family, and no foul play is suspected.
Three fire brigade teams were called to scene after the body was discovered, and firefighters cut open the dinosaur leg to retrieve it.
Local media report the man - who has not been named - was trying to retrieve a mobile phone he dropped inside the statue. He then fell inside the decorative figure and was left trapped upside down, unable to call for help.
Police have not confirmed how the man ended up inside the dinosaur, and are awaiting the results of his autopsy to find out how he died.
The decorative statue has been removed from its place outside the city's Cubic Building, where it had been used to advertise an old cinema.
- Hundreds of unmarked graves found at Canada residential school
- Covid Delta variant as transmissible as chickenpox: CDC
- India records 624 more fatalities
- Huge floods leave 120 dead in Europe
- Kim Jong Un `emaciated`, citizens heartbroken: state TV
- First case of deadly Marburg virus in West Africa detected
- Gunmen kidnap 140 school students in northwest Nigeria
- Probe body formed over 14 killed in China warehouse blaze: Xinhua
- China ready for ‘friendly relations’ with Taliban
- `Smallest baby at birth` discharged from hospital after 13 months
- Miami building collapse: Death toll climbs to 9; 150 missing
- Haiti earthquake: Death toll climbs to over 1,297
- Israeli forces open fire on Palestinians; 379 injured
- 20 missing after heavy rains trigger landslide in Japan
- 43 incl Bangladeshis missing after migrant boat sinks off Tunisia