Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
Published: 22:06 9 September 2019 Updated: 22:15 9 September 2019
Fast bowler Yasin Arafat Mishu got maiden national team called up for his consistent performance in the domestic circuit as Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced a 13-member squad for the first two matches of the Tri-nation T20 series.
Afghanistan and Zimbabwe are the other two teams in the tournament that begins from September 13.
Bangladesh took just one specialist pacer in Mustafizur Rahman in the squad while the two pacers Rubel Hossain and Abu Haider Rony who was the part of Bangladesh’s T20 squad in their last match against West Indies were overlooked for the time being.
Pace-bowling all-rounder Saifuddin will be used as the second pacer.
Bangladesh indeed brought up massive changes from their last T20 squad with Nazmul Islam Apu, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Ariful Haque, Mohammad Mithun being ignored.
Miraz, in fact, was dropped for the first time since getting his debut in this format.
Opener Tamim Iqbal however took a rest from the series. While Yasin Arafat is the new face, Afif Hossain, Sheikh Mehedi who played just one T20 was drafted into the squad alongside Mosaddek Hossain Saikat.
All-rounder Mosaddek was not the part of Bangladesh T20 squad last time they played the shorter format of cricket in December against West Indies at home.
Bangladesh Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (Captain), Liton Kumar Das, Soumya Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Sabbir Rahaman, Taijul Islam, Sheikh Mehedi Hasan, Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Yasin Arafat Mishu.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?