Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
Published: 21:52 15 April 2019 Updated: 21:57 15 April 2019
Unknown assailants stabbed to death a leader of Transport Owners’ association and also a local BNP leader at downtown market Bogura last night, police and witnesses said.
Additional Police Super of Bogura district Sanatan Chakrabarti said that a transport businessman and Bogura upazila unit of BNP general secretary Advocate Mahbub Alam Shahin, 55, was killed as a sequel of previous enmity.
He said a gang of five to seven indiscriminately swooped on him with sharp weapons while he was talking over phone in front of Nishindara Housing Estate area of the town at about 11 pm yesterday.
With fatal stab-injuries, Shahin was rushed to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College and Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Bogura police station said police started investigation into the killing. Details couldn’t be known immediately.
Meanwhile, deceased’s wife Akhter Jahan Shilpi said her husband was facing problems over their transport business.
Hailing from Dharampur area of Bogura sadar, Shahin was former general secretary of Bogura Minibus Owners’ Samity and also members of Bogura Motor Owners group, Bogura Bar Association and Jatiyabadi Lawyers’ Forum.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- Which way is Jatiya Party?