Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
Published: 21:52 15 April 2019 Updated: 21:57 15 April 2019
Unknown assailants stabbed to death a leader of Transport Owners’ association and also a local BNP leader at downtown market Bogura last night, police and witnesses said.
Additional Police Super of Bogura district Sanatan Chakrabarti said that a transport businessman and Bogura upazila unit of BNP general secretary Advocate Mahbub Alam Shahin, 55, was killed as a sequel of previous enmity.
He said a gang of five to seven indiscriminately swooped on him with sharp weapons while he was talking over phone in front of Nishindara Housing Estate area of the town at about 11 pm yesterday.
With fatal stab-injuries, Shahin was rushed to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College and Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Bogura police station said police started investigation into the killing. Details couldn’t be known immediately.
Meanwhile, deceased’s wife Akhter Jahan Shilpi said her husband was facing problems over their transport business.
Hailing from Dharampur area of Bogura sadar, Shahin was former general secretary of Bogura Minibus Owners’ Samity and also members of Bogura Motor Owners group, Bogura Bar Association and Jatiyabadi Lawyers’ Forum.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- DU BCL gets full committee
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Quader for ‘working understanding’ in democracy
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- Obaidul Quader returns home
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll