Minni’s bail petition to HC again
Published: 16:00 18 August 2019 Updated: 16:02 18 August 2019
In Barguna's widely discussed Rifat Sharif murder case, a bail petition has been sought to the High Court again for Rifat’s wife Ayesha Siddika Minni, who has been allegedly arrested.
Senior lawyer ZI Khan Panna filed the petition at the relevant branch of the High Court on Sunday. A hearing on the application is expected tomorrow.
Earlier, on August 8, Minnie's lawyer withdrew the bail petition as the court wanted to issue a rule on bail without giving her a direct release.
The incident took place at around 10:30 am on June 23 in front of the Barguna Government College, where terrorists publicly hacked Rifat Sharif brutally. Rifat was admitted to Barisal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital that day and died in the afternoon.
Rifat's father, Dulal Sharif, filed a murder case with Barguna police station against 12 people and five to six unidentified accused.
Later, on July 16, Minni was taken to Barguna police lines for questioning at around 10 am. Then she was shown arrested at 9:00 pm after a lengthy interrogation.
Judge Mohammad Sirajul Islam Gazi granted the five-day remand after Minnie was presented to the Barguna Senior Judicial Magistrate Court for a seven-day remand.
Minni did not get bail in the lower court despite several petitions. Later, in the same case, Minnie filed a petition in the High Court on August 5 seeking bail.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Nusrat murder
OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim