Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
Published: 15:05 23 July 2019 Updated: 15:48 23 July 2019
A petition has been filed in the court seeking bail for Aysha Siddika Minni, the main witness of the Rifat Sharif murder case in Barguna. The court fixed July 30 for the bail hearing.
On Tuesday, Judge Md Asaduzzaman of Barguna District and Sessions Judge Court fixed the day for hearing. Simon’s lawyer Advocate Golam Mostafa Qader confirmed the matter.
“Minni’s bail was rejected in the Senior Judicial Magistrate Court, then Minni’s bail hearing was appealed as ‘miss case’ with the court,” said Minni’s lawyer, Advocate Mahbubul Bari Aslam. “After hearing, the court summoned the lower court documents and set the date for bail hearing on July 30.”
Meanwhile, Senior Judicial Magistrate Court in Barguna rejected the bail plea of Quamrul Ahsan Simon, who gave confessional statement about Rifat muder in the court. After petition, Simon’s bail was heard in afternoon. After hearing, the acting judge Md Yasin Arafat rejects Simon’s bail petition.
On June 26, Rifat Sharif was hacked to death by criminals in front of his wife Ayesha Siddika Minni in broad daylight in the district town. Later, Rifat’s father Dulal Sharif filed a murder case with Barguna Sadar Police Station, accusing 12 people including Nayan Bond, who was later killed in a gunfight with police on July 2. Police have arrested 16 including six accused, in the case. Of these, 14 gave confessional statements with the court.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim