Minni was “Mastermind”: State Prosecutor
Published: 16:43 30 September 2020 Updated: 13:15 1 October 2020
Ayesha Siddique Minni was the mastermind behind the assassination of her husband Rifat Sharif of Barguna, says the state.
State Prosecutor Mostafizur Rahman Babu said that justice has been established in the case through the death sentence of six people including Minni.
He told reporters after the verdict on Rifat's murder was announced on Wednesday noon.
Barguna District and Sessions Judge Md. Ashaduzzaman pronounced the execution of six accused in the Rifat Sharif murder case, including his wife Ayesha Siddique Minni.
After the verdict, state prosecutor Mostafizur Rahman Babu said, “I have been able to prove the allegations against the accused in the Rifat murder case. So I got the expected verdict. The verdict proves that there is no exemption for any criminal. Justice has been established through the verdict of this case.”
Rifat’s father Abdul Halim Dulal Sharif has also expressed satisfaction over the execution of six accused including his daughter-in-law Ayesha Siddique Minni.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- HC accepts Minni’s appeal, fine suspended
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- Nixon Chowdhury in High Court for anticipatory bail
- 3 to die for killing NSU student Payal
- Verdict in DU student rape case Nov 19
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- Indictment hearing against Samrat on November 30
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- ASP Anisul murder: 10 accused on 7-day remand
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Nixon Chowdhury’s bail upheld in Chamber Judge’s Court