Minni among 6 to die in Rifat murder case
Published: 13:52 30 September 2020 Updated: 16:37 30 September 2020
A court has sentenced six out of 10 adults accused, including Ayesha Siddika Minni, to death in the murder case of Shahnawaz Sharif alias Rifat Sharif. The other four accused have been acquitted in the case.
District and Sessions Judge of Barguna Md Asaduzzaman passed the order on Wednesday. Security had been beefed up at Barguna Court premises, centring the verdict.
The death convicts are - the victim's wife Ayesha Siddika Minni, Rakibul Hasan Rifat Faraji, Al Qayyum alias Rabbi Akon, Mohaiminul Islam Sifat, Rezwan Ali Khan Hridoy alias Tiktak Hridoy and Md Hasan.
Those who have been acquitted are - Rafiul Islam Rabbi, Md Sagar, Kamrul Islam Saimun, Md Musa.
Earlier, Minni along with her father Mozzammel Haque Kishore came to the court premises at 9:00 am. Later, eight accused were taken to the court from the jail.
On June 26, 2019, internet service provider Rifat Sharif was attacked by Noyon Bond and his associates in front of Barguna Government College in broad daylight. Later, he died in Barishal Medical College Hospital.
On September 1 that year, police submitted separate charge sheets to the Senior Judicial Magistrate Court of Barguna, accusing 10 adults and 14 juveniles. The Barguna District and Sessions Judge Court framed charges against the 10 accused in the murder case on January 1 this year.
Md Musa, the adult accused in the case, remained absconding.
- Mastermind’s ‘O’ level student Anushka buried
- Dream comes true; Full structure of Padma Bridge now visible
- Dream to be fulfilled as entire Padma Bridge to be visible today
- 4,000 Rohingyas willing to go to Bhasan Char
- Pearl farming: a new possibility in rural economy
- Farmers of Rangpur’s char lands eying bumper pumpkin output
- Potato farming target exceeds in Rangpur
- T-Aman production crosses target in Chapainawabganj
- Twin sisters married twin brothers in Barishal
- Taslima-Farid’s new journey ends before beginning by Meghna!
- 12 killed in Joypurhat bus-train collision
- 7 incl bride dead as wedding-trawler capsizes in Noakhali
- Four killed as bus rams private car in Narsingdi
- Padma Bridge: Work of installing slabs to be completed within 1yr
- Padma Bridge: 40th span ‘2-E’ installed; 6km now visible