Milk adulteration: HC summons NFSL head
Published: 13:50 15 May 2019
The High Court on Wednesday asked Prof Shahnnila Ferdousi, head of the National Food Safety Laboratory (NFSL), to appear before this court before it on May 21 along with the study report prepared by her organization on raw cow milk.
The High Court bench of Justice Md Nazrul Islam Talukder and Justice KM Hafizul Alam passed the order when the court was holding a hearing on a suo moto rule issued by this court on Feb 11.
The court also asked Bangladesh Food Safety Authority (BFSA) and Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution (BSTI) to submit separate reports detailing the names of companies and persons responsible for the adulteration of raw cow milk, curd and fodder.
The BFSA and BSTI have been ordered to submit the reports before the court by June 23.
Recently, the NFSL, in the study report, said that it has found the presence of excessive levels of lead, pesticides in raw cow milk, regular consumption of which may pose threats to human health.
The study also found a high level of chromium in fodder besides the study found excessive presence of pesticides antibiotics and bacteria in raw cow milk, according to the study.
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Lead found in 93 out of 96 liquid milk in the market
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
- Writ over re-fixing of Shab-e-Barat date refused
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- 6 to die for Anis Khadem murder case