Milk adulteration: HC summons NFSL head
Published: 13:50 15 May 2019
The High Court on Wednesday asked Prof Shahnnila Ferdousi, head of the National Food Safety Laboratory (NFSL), to appear before this court before it on May 21 along with the study report prepared by her organization on raw cow milk.
The High Court bench of Justice Md Nazrul Islam Talukder and Justice KM Hafizul Alam passed the order when the court was holding a hearing on a suo moto rule issued by this court on Feb 11.
The court also asked Bangladesh Food Safety Authority (BFSA) and Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution (BSTI) to submit separate reports detailing the names of companies and persons responsible for the adulteration of raw cow milk, curd and fodder.
The BFSA and BSTI have been ordered to submit the reports before the court by June 23.
Recently, the NFSL, in the study report, said that it has found the presence of excessive levels of lead, pesticides in raw cow milk, regular consumption of which may pose threats to human health.
The study also found a high level of chromium in fodder besides the study found excessive presence of pesticides antibiotics and bacteria in raw cow milk, according to the study.
- Chawkbazar tragedy: Writ seeks compensation for victims
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- HC orders to conduct survey on contaminated cow milk
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Two cops placed on six days remand
- HC for Tk 10 lakh comp to Abrar’s family
- Saudi EMB official murder case
Saiful’s execution tonight in Khalaf killing
- HC orders to remove electricity poles from roads
- HC sought list of loan defaulters and money launderers
- ICT finalizes report against 5 M’singh men
- Subarnachar gang rape
HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
- Police submit charge sheet in Abhijit murder case
- 3 water company licenses cancel, 7 postpones
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- HC seeks explanation over illegal establishments at Hatirjheel