Metrorail’s coach placed on railway track
Published: 16:43 22 April 2021 Updated: 16:53 22 April 2021
Metrorail’s first coach sat on the railway track; Photo: Collected
The first Metrorail coach has been placed on the railway track in the unloading area of the jetty next to the Diabari depot in the capital’s Uttara.
The coach was installed on Thursday afternoon.
Earlier, the first coach was unloaded from the jetty of Dhaka Mass Transit Company Limited (DMTCL) near Diabari on the Turag River. Later, other coaches were installed on the track consecutively.
An official of DMTCL authorities confirmed the matter.
Six coaches of the first set of the country’s Metrorail reached the ghat adjacent to Diabari depot at around 3:00 pm on Wednesday.
Earlier on March 4, the SPM Bangkok ship carrying six coaches started its journey from the port of Kobe in Japan for Mongla seaport and reached Mongla Port in the afternoon on March 31.
The railway coaches are built by Kawasaki-Mitsubishi Consortium Company Limited of Japan and the Dhaka Mass Transit Company Limited (DMTCL) is the importer of this coach in Bangladesh.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground