Metrorail coaches being taken to depot
Published: 13:49 22 April 2021
The first coach of Metrorail is being taken to Diabari depot
The first coach of Metrorail is being taken to Diabari depotMetrorail coaches that arrived from Japan have started being taken to the depot. The work of lifting the coaches into the lorry with the help of a crane started around 8:00 am on Thursday. A coach has already taken to the depot at Uttara Diabari in the capital.
Four of the six coaches at the jetty will be taken to the depot today. The remaining two coaches will be taken to the depot on Friday.
Six coaches of the first set of the country’s Metrorail reached the ghat adjacent to Diabari depot at around 3:00 pm on Wednesday.
The SPM Bangkok ship carrying six coaches of Metrorail reached Mongla Port in the afternoon on March 31. According to the pre-arranged time, the first consignment coach was scheduled to arrive at the newly constructed Dhaka Mass Transit Company Limited (DMTCL) jetty on April 23 on the banks of the Turag River in Dhaka, however, it reached Dhaka two days ahead of the schedule.
Earlier on March 4, the ship started its journey from the port of Kobe in Japan for Mongla seaport.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground