Messi coming to Dhaka
Published: 10:39 12 April 2019 Updated: 10:39 12 April 2019
Lionel Messi; File Photo
The centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be observed next year. On this occasion, the government is taking various programs including many surprises. As a part of this, Football magician Lionel Messi is coming to Dhaka. But it has not been yet finalized.
This information was given by the Foreign Ministry in a press release on Thursday. Talks between the State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam and the new Ambassador of Argentina, Daniel Schubur (Delhi-based) is held.
The press release said that the State Minister for Foreign Affairs is eagerly waiting to welcome Argentine football team in the year 2021 on the centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The meeting also discussed the trade-related issues of the two countries. At the same time, Bangladesh expressed interest in signing a free trade agreement with Mercosur, a South American trade block.
In fact, at the invitation of the Bangladesh Football Federation, the Argentina team including Lionel Messi came to Dhaka in 2011. At that time, they played a friendly match against Nigeria at the Bangabandhu International Stadium.
- Shakib removes dangerous Pant
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Copa América
Argentina faces Venezuela in Quarter Final tonight
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- World Cup squad: Taskin in, Rahi out
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- Asia’s Bengal Tigers begin with victory
- Mahmudullah the silent killer!
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held