Massive fire at Banani’s FR Tower, many get trapped
Published: 13:20 28 March 2019 Updated: 15:44 28 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A massive fire broke out at a multistoried building on Kemal Ataturk Avenue in the capital’s Banani area on Thursday noon.
On information, 13 firefighting units rushed there and have been trying to douse the blaze.
Many people are believed to have got trapped in the burning building while an unspecified number of panicked people suffered injuries as they jumped off its different floors for safety.
Fire Service and Civil Defense’s control room duty officer Ataur Rahman said, “the fire broke out around 12:55 pm on the fifth floor of the FR Tower. There are 13 fire service units in the spot to douse the blaze. More units are sending.”
“The cause behind the fire is yet to be ascertained and no causality has been reported so far. We’re working to douse it, the details can be known later,” he also said.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Cyclonic Storm “FANI” lies over Southeast Bay
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Nusrat murder
Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Bangladesh to witness ‘Fani’s effects from Friday morning
- PBI searching 12 people involved in Nusrat murder