Massive fire at Banani’s FR Tower, many get trapped
Published: 13:20 28 March 2019 Updated: 15:44 28 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A massive fire broke out at a multistoried building on Kemal Ataturk Avenue in the capital’s Banani area on Thursday noon.
On information, 13 firefighting units rushed there and have been trying to douse the blaze.
Many people are believed to have got trapped in the burning building while an unspecified number of panicked people suffered injuries as they jumped off its different floors for safety.
Fire Service and Civil Defense’s control room duty officer Ataur Rahman said, “the fire broke out around 12:55 pm on the fifth floor of the FR Tower. There are 13 fire service units in the spot to douse the blaze. More units are sending.”
“The cause behind the fire is yet to be ascertained and no causality has been reported so far. We’re working to douse it, the details can be known later,” he also said.
- Dr. Sabrina still on the run
- Budget 2020-2021 at a glance
- Sabrina wanted to be ‘heroine’, goes waste after marriage
- Cheating griped in Dr. Sabrina`s family life too
- Fahim murder: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Dhaka under zone-based lockdown from Sunday
- 3 ministers buy cows on 1st day of ‘Digital Haat’
- COVID-19 sample collection to be done by online
- Cyclone “Amphan” may hit the coast today
- 1063 coronavirus patients return home after recovery in country
- 1602 coronavirus patients diagnosed in 24 hrs
‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- 83pc of coronavirus patients only in Dhaka: DGHS
- Digital Cattle Market
DNCC to provide Qurbani in live streaming, meat home delivery
- Bangladeshi girl’s body recovered from a hotel in Egypt