Mashrafe to play BPL as icon
Published: 18:03 11 September 2019
The BCB is set to run the seventh edition of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) in the name of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to commemorate the occasion of his 100th birthday. And Mashrafei bin Mortaza will play as icon player.
Shakib Al Hasan has joined the Rangpur Raiders and that's creat smog whether Mashrafe will play as icon or not. It is thought that Mashrafe will no longer as an icon in the BPL when he retires from the national team.
BCB President Nazmul Hassan Papon confirmed Mashrafe will play as icon on Wednesday. "Even if he retires from international cricket, Mashrafe will be an icon as long as he plays BPL," he said.
On the other hand, Bangladesh lost a huge margin in the only test in Chittagong. Shakib took four spinners in that match. Shakib's eleventh pick in the field without Pacer. In this regard, Papon said, comparing the captaincy of Mashrafe and Shakib, "Mashrafe wants to play with four pacers and Shakib wants to play with spin."
- Shakib removes dangerous Pant
- Copa América
Argentina faces Venezuela in Quarter Final tonight
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Caribbean came to end defeated to India by 125 runs
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers