Man in 3 different govt jobs at same time!
Published: 20:13 24 August 2019 Updated: 20:21 24 August 2019
Getting a government job is a dream for all. A government job provides a lot of attractive facilities like a steady income, secured job, and respect in society. That’s not the end here; pension after retirement from service is the most attractive thing.
People often spent years, attending coaching classes to make this dream come true. They keep no stone unturned to get a government job!
But, what if you get three government jobs instead of one?
Where the situation is such as getting a government job is a milestone for one’s life, there the dream of having three government jobs at the same time can be considered as a daydream.
But a man in Bihar conducts three government jobs and managed to go unnoticed for three decades, drawing salary from all three of them!
According to a report in DNA, a man identified as Suresh Ram worked as an Assistant Engineer Building Construction of Kishanganj, the Department of Water Resources in Banka district's Belhar block and in Bhim Nagar East Embankment of Supaul.
In 1988, when Ram began his career as a Junior Engineer in Patna’s Building Construction department, he got an appointment letter from the Water Resources Department.
Ram, instead of choosing between the positions decided to keep all and was working in all the offices at the same time.
It is still a matter of concern that how he managed to do it, but he was really good at all the three positions and got subsequent promotions.
The three jobs he ran for nearly three decades came to light only last month after the Comprehensive Financial Management System asked for some papers regarding his job.
The Bihar government had introduced CFMS last year to bring transparency in fiscal management as all financial decisions and proceeds of the government would be made online. Details of all Bihar government employees such as the Aadhaar number, date of birth, PAN number were transferred to CFMS and that is how he was caught.
According to the report, in July, the Deputy Secretary of Kishanganj Building Construction department asked Ram to bring all his papers to the irrigation department but he didn't show up, following which an FIR has been registered against him.
Ram has reportedly gone into hiding after his cheating was exposed.
- `Kashmiri Girl` on top position
- 3 workers dead, 18 injured in Cambodia building collapse
- Gibraltar frees seized Iran oil tanker
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Saudi man accidentally buys 2 Airbus for sons birthday
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- 4 of a Bangladeshi family found dead in Canada
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- "Huge" blast rocks military hospital in Pakistan
- Rahul Gandhi quits as India opposition leader
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Princess Diana ‘alive’!
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report