Mahmudullah doubtful in BBPL opener
Published: 19:58 8 December 2019
Bangladesh all-rounder Mahmudullah Riyad is doubtful for his side’s opening match of the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL) as he is yet to recover from the hamstring injury that he received during the second Test against India in Kolkata.
Mahmudullah, player of Chattogram Challengers, has been undergoing practice with the team for the last one week ahead of the tournament opener against Sylhet Thunder on December 11 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur. But he was advised not to take any kind of risk.
“The decision of Mahmudullah’s participation in the first game will have to be taken at the very last minute. Although he has satisfactory improvement but we told him not to take any kind of risk,” BCB chief physician Debashish Chowdhury said here today.
“Mahmudullah is doing okay. But we said him not to push himself. If he thinks he can wait a bit more, hold him more, we suggest him of doing so,” he added.
Mahmudullah was confirmed to have a grade-one hamstring injury and was given a one-week rest after he suffered the injury on the second day of Bangladesh’s day-night Test against India in Kolkata last month.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?