MP Liton murder: Verdict Nov 28
Published: 20:52 19 November 2019
A court in Gaibandha will deliver its verdict on November 28 in the Awami League MP Manjurul Islam Liton murder case.
District and Session’s Judge Dilip Kumar Bhoumik fixed the date on Tuesday after concluding the law-point arguments from both the prosecution and defense sides.
Ruling party MP Manjurul Islam Liton of Gaibandha-1 constituency was gunned down by miscreants at his village home in Masterpara of Sundarganj upazila on December 31, 2016.
Liton’s sister filed a case against 5-6 people in this connection with the Sundarganj Police Station.
On February 26, 2017, former Jatiya Party MP from Gaibandha-1 constituency Dr Abdul Kader Khan confessed before a court to his involvement in the killing.
Detectives arrested him from his residence at Rahmannagar in Bogra on February 21 that year.
On April 30, 2017, police submitted a charge-sheet against eight people, including Kader Khan, in the case.
The court also sentenced Kader Khan to life term imprisonment in a case filed under the Arms Act.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Nusrat murder
OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim