Low forms in Bay, signal 3 for maritime ports
Published: 12:40 14 August 2019 Updated: 14:21 14 August 2019
Light to moderate rain or thundershowers likely to occur at most places over the country, including the capital, as the low pressure active in the Bay of Bengal. Also, moderately heavy to heavy rains can occur in some parts of the country.
The information is provided in weather forecasts reported till 6:00 pm on Wednesday.
Md Bazlur Rashid, a meteorologist of the Meteorological Department confirmed the matter on Wednesday morning.
“The low pressure, located in the Northwest Bay and adjoining areas, is currently located in the Gangetic West Bengal and adjoining Bangladesh coastal areas. As a result, monsoon is moderate to strong over North Bay,” he said.
The low over Gangetic West Bengal and the adjoining area now lies over Jharkhand and adjoining Gangetic West Bengal. As a result, seaports of Chattogram, Cox’s Bazar, Mongla, and Payra have been asked to show the local cautionary signal no three.
All the fishing boats and trawlers located in the North Bay have been advised to move cautiously along the coast until further instructions.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Subcontinent’s biggest Eid Jamaat observed in Dinajpur
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)