‘Lonely’ Minni in Barguna condemned cell
Published: 12:29 1 October 2020 Updated: 12:32 1 October 2020
Ayesha Siddika Minni
Barguna District Jail Superintendent Md. Anwar Hossain said on Thursday that Minni is the “only female prisoner” in the district jail at the moment. There are no other women prisoners in the condemned cell of Barguna jail.
Six convicts sentenced to death in the murder case of Rifat Sharif in Barguna have been kept in the condemned cell of Barguna District Jail. “Apart from these six prisoners, there are no other prisoners in the condemned cell,” said the jail superintendent.
“Minni has been kept in the condemned cell of the women’s ward. And there are male prisoners in the condemned cell of the male ward,” Md. Anwar Hossain said.
He said that the special cell of the death row inmates is called a condemned cell. These inmates can never get out of the cell. They can visit once a month and can talk on the phone with relatives once a week up to a certain time.
As per the jail rules, all the six prisoners were given plates, bowls and blankets. Each accused was also given two sets of clothes by the jail. They will wear this dress, he added.
- Mastermind’s ‘O’ level student Anushka buried
- Dream comes true; Full structure of Padma Bridge now visible
- Dream to be fulfilled as entire Padma Bridge to be visible today
- 4,000 Rohingyas willing to go to Bhasan Char
- Pearl farming: a new possibility in rural economy
- Farmers of Rangpur’s char lands eying bumper pumpkin output
- Potato farming target exceeds in Rangpur
- T-Aman production crosses target in Chapainawabganj
- Twin sisters married twin brothers in Barishal
- Taslima-Farid’s new journey ends before beginning by Meghna!
- 12 killed in Joypurhat bus-train collision
- 7 incl bride dead as wedding-trawler capsizes in Noakhali
- Four killed as bus rams private car in Narsingdi
- Padma Bridge: Work of installing slabs to be completed within 1yr
- Padma Bridge: 40th span ‘2-E’ installed; 6km now visible