Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
Published: 13:51 19 April 2021
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader
The government is thinking of “relaxing the lockdown” before Eid for the sake of life and livelihood, said Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader.
He said this at a regular briefing at his official residence on Monday.
At the time, he said the government was actively thinking of “extending the strict lockdown” across the country for another week as per the experts’ advice.
Earlier, at a virtual meeting on Sunday, the National Technical Advisory Committee on Covid-19 recommended imposing a “strict lockdown” for another week to prevent the coronavirus infections.
The committee also suggested taking the next decision considering the rate of infection before the end of the proposed lockdown.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic