Local route launches halted in Barishal
Published: 20:41 8 November 2019
Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) asked to halt all local route launches due to cyclone ‘Bulbul’ in Barishal.
Ajmal Huda Mithu Sarkar, Joint Director of Barishal Riverport confirmed the matter on Friday evening.
He said that the weather office has issued 2 no. warning signal at the Barishal river port due to due to cyclone ‘Bulbul’. Therefore, the small launch will be halted on all internal routes until further notice.
He added that rains have been already started in the coastal areas including Barishal- Jhalokati. Besides, the water level has also increased in Payra seaport, Barishal, Patuakhali, and Bhola river ports.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Finally battery-rickshaw closing in Khulna
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- College student hacked dead while going home to celebrate Eid
- Abrar laid to rest
- Ships sank in Bay of Bengal
Airforce, Navy rescues 21 people alive
- Teknaf JL leader murder: Prime accused killed in gunfight
- Nusrat’s father satisfied with the verdict
- Gazipur hotel blast, probe committee formed
- Cop among 3 killed as covered van hits wrecker during rescue operation