Local brands dominate Dhaka Furniture Fair
Published: 19:12 19 September 2019
Popular furniture brands of the country including Navana, Partex, and Hatil have participated in the National Furniture Fair in Dhaka to attract customers by showing their products and lucrative offers. The five-day fair was inaugurated at Bashundhara Convention Hall in Dhaka on Tuesday.
Bangladesh Furniture Industry Owners’ Association (BFIOA), along with Design and Technology Centre has organized the fair that will run from September 16 to September 21.
31 local renowned furniture makers are dominating the fair with a wide collection of furniture and various offers with huge discounts.
Md Mizanur Rahman, the senior officer of Hatil, said: “We have more than 800 types of furniture with diversified designs in our stock. But since we have little space in the fair, we have taken a different approach to letting visitors be acquainted with our products. In the stall, we displayed only 30 items due to lack of space. We have 20 types of dining chairs, 15 types of beds, 16 types of dining sets and 16 types of wardrobe designs.”
Md Mahfujur Rahman, senior zonal manager of Akter Furniture, said, “Our main objective is to boost our brand and communicate with people through this fair. We are receiving a good response from visitors with many are showing interest to buy our products.”
“We have around 300 designs of furniture, in addition to 178 items of heritage furniture. We also export our products to 17 countries. From January next year, we have a plan to expand our export market,” he added.
However, though prominent furniture companies claimed to have good responses from customers visiting the fair, small companies and newcomers did not express similar sentiments. The new furniture companies don’t get the same response though they provide huge discounts and many facilities for the customers.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Operating profits of most banks rise
- 21 Bangladeshi companies to take part in ‘Heimtextil Frankfurt’
- First unit of Payra power plant generating 100MW electricity