Light to moderate rainfall likely for 3 more days
Published: 13:36 25 July 2021 Updated: 16:14 25 July 2021
Light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind may increase in the next 72 hours or three days, said Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) in a weather bulletin issued on Sunday.
The country’s Met Office said in the weather forecast that light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by a temporary gusty wind of (8-12) kph is likely to occur at a few places over Barishal, Chattogram and Sylhet divisions and at one or two places over Dhaka, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Khulna and Mymensingh divisions with “moderately heavy falls” at isolated places over the country.
Day and night temperature may rise slightly over the country, the bulletin added.
Meanwhile, a well-marked low over Jarkhand and the adjoining area off North Jarkhand has been lying over Northeast Madhya Pradesh and adjoining areas as a “low”, said the country’s meteorological department.
It is learned that the axis of the monsoon trough runs through Rajsthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, the center of the low, Bihar, West Bengal to Assam across the central part of Bangladesh. One of its associated troughs has been extended up to North Bay. As a result, the monsoon is fairly active over Bangladesh and moderate over North Bay.
The country’s maximum temperature recorded 34.9°C yesterday in Sylhet while today’s minimum temperature recorded 25.0°C at Rangamati and Chattogram districts. Besides, 90mm rainfall was recorded at Feni in the last 24 hours.
Today’s sunset will be at 6:45 pm and Tomorrow’s sunrise will be at 5:25 am.
- ADC Saqlain withdrawn for taking Pori Moni at house
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- ‘Hero’ Captain Naushad passes away
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- RAB raids Helena’s JoyJatra TV, channel to be shut down
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Tk4 crore looted from Dhaka Bank vault, 2 held
- 2 associates of model Piyasha arrested with weapons, drugs
- Mass Vaccination campaign
28.37 lakh people vaccinated in one day
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic
- Decision on strict lockdown extension today
- RAB raids Helena Jahangir`s house
- Fire in Banani’s 6-storey building, 14 firefighting units working
- Helena Jahangir detained
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur