Light to moderate rain likely in all divisions
Published: 12:47 21 June 2021
Bangladesh Meteorological Department on Monday predicted light to moderate rain in several parts of the country in the next 24 hours commencing at 9:00 am today.
"Light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at most places over Khulna, Barishal and Chattogram divisions and at many places over Rajshahi, Rangpur, Dhaka, Mymensingh and Sylhet divisions with moderately heavy to very heavy falls at isolated places over the southern part of the country," said a Met Office release issued this morning.
Day temperature may rise slightly and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
The axis of monsoon trough runs through Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal to Assam across central part of Bangladesh. One of its associated trough extends up to North Bay. Monsoon is active over Bangladesh and moderate over North Bay.
Country’s maximum temperature on Sunday was recorded 32.0 degrees Celsius at Srimangal in Sylhet and minimum temperature today was 23.8 degrees Celsius at Jashore in Khulna.
Maximum rainfall for the last 24 hours till 6:00 am today was recorded 105 millimeters (mm) at Khumarkhali in Khulna.
Today’s sunset at 6:49 PM and tomorrow’s sunrise at 5:12 AM at Dhaka.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic