Legal notice to stop tuition fees collection of edu institutions
Published: 19:21 19 May 2020
Legal notices have been sent to all MPO schools and colleges to stop taking monthly fees in the situation arising in Corona.
The guardian of the two students of Ideal School and College, the former assistant secretary of the Supreme Court Bar Association, Advocate Md. Saifur Rahman sent this notice on Tuesday.
If no action is taken in the next 24 hours, a writ petition will be filed in the High Court, the notice said.
The notice was sent to the Education Secretary, the director-general (DG) of the education department, the chairman of all education boards (secondary and higher), and the principal of Ideal School and College, the lawyer said.
Where the government has already stopped collecting fees from various organizations due to prevailing situation arise by the coronavirus, there notices have been given to pay monthly fees for children in the educational institution, the notice said.
In such a situation, it has become very difficult for the lower class, lower middle class, and middle-class people to make a living. Therefore, the concerned people including the Education Secretary are being requested to take necessary steps to suspend the monthly fee from the students of all government (MPO) schools and colleges.
Therefore, in the public interest, the present government needs to take a timely step in this regard. So that the educational institution is running and at the same time the parents of the students also feel some financial relief, the notice also said.
- Bangabandhu’s killer Majed lands in jail
- Child Saima rape, murder: Killer Harun gets death
- Papiya placed on 15-day remand
- Govt decides to release Khaleda Zia
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Verdict today
- Child conviction by mobile court illegal: HC
- Writ filed seeking closure of all educational institutions
- ‘Joy Bangla’ national slogan
- Declare corona ‘epidemic’ today: HC
- Orders to confiscate bank accounts of 20 along PK Halder upheld
- Killer Majed`s death warrant issued
- 2 male strangers involved in Shagor-Runi murder
- Execution of Bangabandhu’s killer Majed tonight
- Death warrant for razakar ATM Azhar in jail
- Papiya, her husband put on fresh 15-day remand