Leather exports will stop if get fair prices: Munshi
Published: 22:37 15 August 2019
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi has said that if the people of the grassroots get a fair price of rawhide across the country, it will be decided to stop export.
He made these comments after paid tribute to portrait of Bangabandhu on the occasion of National Mourning Day at Konya in Rangpur on Thursday.
Speaking as a chief guest, the Commerce Minister said that the government has decided to export it because the price rawhide is not acceptable in the market of the country.
Tipu Munshi said that the price people are getting by selling sacrificial animal rawhide is not logical. We have noticed for a few days that the price of rawhide in the market of the country is not acceptable. It can't continue like this. Therefore, the government takes the initiative to export leather.
He added that the price of leather was fixed by the government. Tannery owners and leather merchants were negotiated to buy the leather at a fixed price. But the price of leather was not kept to an acceptable level.
The Commerce Minister said the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was loved Bangladesh. So we are living in an independent country. He is not there today, but his daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also loves the country. So she is working tirelessly to build a developed country. He always thinks about the people of the country.
He said that seasonal small traders at the village level can get good prices by preserving the skin for a while with salt. Whenever I try to do something good, some businessmen take advantage of it. So we allowed the leather to be exported. As a result, grassroots traders will get better prices.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- ‘Country’s foreign exchange reserve $33 billion’
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Hili land port resumes today
- US-China trade war turning out to be boon for Bangladesh