Lawyer killed in Cumilla road crash
Published: 11:58 14 August 2019 Updated: 16:27 14 August 2019
Two people, including a lawyer, were killed in a road accident at Bhaber Char in Munshiganj. Two others were injured in the accident.
The deceased were — Advocate Farid Uddin Ahmed, a resident of Debidwar Upazila of Cumilla, and two-year-old Masruka, daughter of Farid’s son.
Advocate Farid, who was injured in an accident, died on Tuesday at around 8:15 pm while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Dhaka. Farid’s wife and son were taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) in critical condition after the accident.
Confirming the incident, Gias Uddin, a BNP leader of Debidwar Upazila said, “Farid was returning to Dhaka with five members of the family by microbus after celebrating Eid in Mohammadpur village of Debidwar. When the vehicle reached the area, a truck hit the microbus.”
“Masruka Akhter, daughter of Farid’s son, was killed on the spot. During this, Farid Uddin Ahmed, his wife, and son were critically injured,” he also said adding, “Advocate Farid died at the capital’s Square Hospital at around 8:15 pm after locals rescued them. The victim’s wife and son were admitted to DMCH. Their condition is also alarming.”
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held