Krishak League gets new President, Secretary
Published: 17:18 6 November 2019 Updated: 19:11 6 November 2019
Former general secretary Samir Chandra Chanda and advocate Umme Kulsum has been elected as president and general secretary of Krishak League respectively. Their name was announced at the Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) in the capital on Wednesday.
Earlier, the councilors proposed 13 names for president post and 11 for the secretary post. Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader monitored the session.
Before announcing the committee, Obaidul Quader said, I asked them to compromise but none of them withdraw their name. So Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina selected them as president and general secretary of Krishak League.
He ordered the drafting of a full committee sitting with president and general secretary within the next seven days.
Awami League Presidium member Abdur Razzak, Joint General Secretary Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Organizing Secretary Bahauddin Nakhim, Organising Secretary Abdus Sobhan Golap were present among others.
Earlier, the National Conference of the Krishak League started at 11am in the capital's Suhrawardy Udyan. Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was present as chief guest at the conference.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Samrat wanted to flee in India
- Samrat-Arman expelled from Jubo League
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- Sadeque Hossain Khoka passes away
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Casino Khaled ousted from Jubo League
- Jubo League expels Rajib