Killing schoolgirl after rape: Case filed against main accused
Published: 13:02 8 January 2021
A case has been filed against the main accused on charges of killing an English medium schoolgirl after rape in the capital’s Kalabagan.
The girl’s father filed a case of rape and murder against Tanvir Iftefar Dihan, 18, with Kalabagan police station on Thursday night.
Police have arrested four people, including Dihan, a friend of the schoolgirl, for their alleged involvement in the incident.
Kalabagan Police Station Inspector (Operations) Thakur Das said: “The student’s resident was at Sobhanbagh in Dhanmondi. The student left the house around 12:00 pm on Thursday to meet her friend. The student went to Dihan’s house in Dolphin Alley in Kalabagan. Dihan’s house was empty then. When the student fell ill after being raped, Dihan called his three friends. They later took the sick student to Modern Anwar Khan Medical College Hospital for treatment. She died there in the afternoon.”
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 2nd phase of municipal polls
Voting in 60 municipalities ends, counting underway
- Fire after AC explosion at Gulshan’s UAE Visa Center, kills 1
- DMP instructions on occasion of Bangabandhu Marathon
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- PK Halder’s ‘girlfriend’ Abantika arrested
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021