Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
Published: 13:51 8 January 2021
Anushka Noor Amin
CID has collected the evidence of the murder of Anushka Noor Amin, an ‘O’ level (10th grade) student of English Medium Mastermind School in Kalabagan in the capital.
Deputy Commissioner (DC) of Ramna Division Sajjadur Rahman said on Friday that a case has been lodged against Dihan, the main accused, in connection with the tragic incident in Kalabagan. He was sent to court today for remand. Actual information will be available after remand.
Kalabagan Police Station Inspector (Investigation) AFM Asaduzzaman said that Anushka’s friend Dihan was the only accused and her father had filed a case against her. “We also have the idea that she was killed after being raped. There have also been reports from Anwar Khan Modern Medical College Hospital. Because, after the rape, she had a lot of bleeding,” he added.
The incident took place at noon on Thursday in Dolphin Alley in Kalabagan. The girl’s friend Dihan has been arrested in the incident. Police have taken Dihan’s three more friends into custody for questioning.
Kalabagan Police Station Inspector (Operations) Thakur Das said: “The student’s resident was at Sobhanbagh in Dhanmondi. The student left the house around 12:00 pm on Thursday to meet her friend. The student went to Dihan’s house in Dolphin Alley in Kalabagan. Dihan’s house was empty then. When the student fell ill after being raped, Dihan called his three friends. They later took the sick student to Modern Anwar Khan Medical College Hospital for treatment. She died there in the afternoon.”
Meanwhile, four people including Dihan involved in the incident have been arrested. The schoolgirl’s mother alleged that her daughter was called in the afternoon and killed after being raped.
- Maulana Golam Sarwar Saide dies
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- Syed Shamsul Haque’s birth anniversary today
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Globe Biotech allowed to produce ‘Bangavax’ vaccine for trial
- Final feasibility survey before next budget
2nd Padma Bridge also to be funded by govt if necessary
- Bangladesh to deposit money to buy Oxford`s vaccine on Sunday