`Killers killed Bangabandhu but his ideal still exists`
Published: 22:31 14 August 2019 Updated: 10:10 15 August 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said that although Killers have killed Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman his dreams and ideals could not have died. Let us turn the mourning of the loss of the father of the nation into strength. Taking away his long and violent life-style, let we build a communal, hunger-free and poverty-free Bangladesh and established Father of the Nation's golden Bangladesh. This is our commitment on National Mourning Day.
She made the statement on Wednesday, on the occasion of National Mourning Day August 15.
Seeking forgiveness of the souls of all the martyrs, including Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Prime Minister said, "We got independence because of Bangabandhu's visionary, brave and strong leadership. The Bengali nation has got an independent sovereign state, its own flag and national anthem. In the newly independent war-torn country, when Bangabandhu was engaged in the struggle to build a golden Bangla with the entire nation, the anti-liberation war criminals killed him. Through these killings, they tried to suppress the Bengali heritage, culture and progress.
The purpose of the massacre was to destroy our hard-earned independence by breaking the structure of secular-democratic Bangladesh. Sheikh Hasina said the anti-liberation movement, which was involved in the brutal killing, started the politics of murder, coup and conspiracy from August 15. They also issued the Indemnity Ordinance and closed the way for the murder trial of Bangabandhu.
The Prime Minister also said that Ziaur Rahman illegally occupied power and killed democracy through martial law and wounds the Constitution and rewarded the killers of Bangabandhu. Gave jobs in foreign embassies. The next BNP-Jamaat government followed the same path.
On August 15, the killers brutally killed Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the father of the nation, the greatest Bengali of all time. Along with Father of the Nation, Bangmamata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib, son Captain Sheikh Kamal, Lieutenant Sheikh Jamal, ten-year-old son Sheikh Russell, daughters-in-law Sultana Kamal and Rosi Jamal; Mani, Baby Sarniabat, Sukanta Babu, Arif, Abdul Naeem Khan Rintu and others. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's military secretary Brigadier General Jamil was also killed on that day. Several members of a family were also injured in Mohammadpur when they were shot dead by gunmen.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Subcontinent’s biggest Eid Jamaat observed in Dinajpur
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)