Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday
Published: 13:47 28 July 2019 Updated: 13:49 28 July 2019
The High Court fixed Tuesday to hear the bail petition of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in the Zia Charitable Trust corruption case.
After hearing a petition by the former prime minister’s lawyers, the bench of Justice Obaidul Hassan and Justice SM Kuddus Zaman fixed the date on Sunday.
Senior Lawyer Barrister Moudud Ahmed, Khandker Mahbub Hossain, Advocate Joynul Abedin, and Barrister Mahbub Uddin Khokon stood for Khaleda in the court.
On June 20, the documents of the Zia Charitable Trust corruption case reached the High Court from the subordinate court.
On October 29 last year, a special court sentenced Khaleda to seven years in jail in the Zia Charitable Trust corruption case. The BNP chief moved the High Court against the verdict.
Justice Obaidul Hassan-led bench then ordered the subordinate court to send documents within two months. The court said the bail petition would be heard when the documents arrive. The documents reached the High Court on June 20.
Former prime minister Khaleda has been in jail since February last year after she was jailed for corruption in the Zia Orphanage Trust case. Her jail term was later doubled.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners