Khaled put on 7-day remand
Published: 23:25 19 September 2019
Jubo League leader Khalid Mahmud Bhuiyan
The court put Jubo League Dhaka South unit organizing secretary Khalid Mahmud Bhuiyan on a seven-day remand in two cases lodged over possessing illegal arms and narcotics.
On Thursday, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Begum Mahmuda put Khalid on a four-day remand in an arms case, while Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Shahinur Rahman placed him on a three-day remand in narcotics case as police produced Khalid before the courts this evening and pleaded to place him on a seven-day remand in each of the two cases.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB)-3 arrested Khalid Mahmud Bhuiyan from his Gulshan residence on Wednesday evening for allegedly running an illegal casino in the capital’s Fakirerpool area. The law enforcing agency seized illegal weapons, yaba and huge cash from his residence.
RAB handed him over to Gulshan Police Station this afternoon.
RAB filed three cases, one for possessing illegal arms, one under narcotics control act and one under money laundering prevention act against Khalid.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim