Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
Published: 15:57 18 October 2019 Updated: 15:59 18 October 2019
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader spoke to reporters after paying homage to at the grave of Bangabandhu’s youngest son Shaheed Sheikh Russell on his birthday
Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina convened a meeting at Ganabhaban with the Jubo League on Sunday. Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader said the issues such as age limitations for Jubo League and why the Jubo League chairman was not called.
He addressed these reporters after paying homage at the grave of Bangabandhu’s youngest son Shaheed Sheikh Russell in the capital’s Banani graveyard on Friday morning on the occasion of Sheikh Russell’s 55th birth anniversary.
Responding to a question as to whether the Jubo League chairman was withdrawn, Obaidul Quader said, “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina called a meeting at Ganabhaban. Who to call and whom to call — all is Prime Minister’s decision.”
During this, the Awami League General Secretary criticized the BNP, saying that the BNP was making a declaim against the present government. They are all doing irresponsible acts as a responsible opposition. “They are now searching for issues by failing in the elections and the movement. They find politics in any issue.”
He said, “The BNP has a disease. And that’s — complaint. BNP suffering from the disease called complaint. They complain and complain. Besides, they have nothing else to do.”
Regarding the murder of Sheikh Russell, Obaidul Quader said that no women or children have been targeted in political killings in the history of human civilization. “However, in Bangladesh, all the political killings and brutal killings of Karbala have killed women and children. Russell was also killed on August 15, 1975, along with Bangabandhu and his family,” he added.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Samrat wanted to flee in India
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Samrat-Arman expelled from Jubo League
- Sadeque Hossain Khoka passes away
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Casino Khaled ousted from Jubo League
- Jubo League expels Rajib