Jayed takes 5, Ireland 292
Published: 19:40 15 May 2019 Updated: 19:43 15 May 2019
Right-hand pacer Abu Jayed Chowdhury bagged his first five wickets haul as host Ireland restricted 292/8 in 50 overs in the 6th match of tri-nation series at Dublin today.
After winning the toss Ireland captain William Porterfield chose to bat first against Bangladesh. PR Stirling hit ton (130 off 141) for the host.
JA McCollum and PR Stirling open the innings for the host Ireland. Bangladesh pacer Rubel Hossain first strikes in the Irish Shibir removing JA McCollum (5) for 23.
Then Abu Jayed removed A Balbirnie 20 off 20 and Ireland lost their 2nd wickets to 59.
PR Stirling and skipper WTS Porterfield added 174 runs in the 3rd wickets stand. Porterfield went out to 233 scoring 94 0ff 106 by Abu Jayed in 44.4 overs.
No other batman able to score run more than 12 but Stirling 130 off 141 help Ireland to post 292/8 after 50 overs.
For Bangladesh, Abu Jayed took 5 wickets for 58. Saifuddin bagged 2 and Rubel Hossain took the other wicket.
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Kohli`s ton in vain as Australia beat India
- Hazard rescues point for Chelsea
- Dhoni, Kedar guide India to beat Australia
- Manchester United draw with Liverpool
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- NZ whitewash Tigers after Sabbir’s ton
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- BCB has no problem with Shakib`s IPL participation
- Country’s first cricket coach Altaf Hossain dies
- Bangladesh set 233-run target for NZ
- Bangladesh faces New Zealand in 1st ODI today
- Third test called off after Christchurch terror attack