Japanese SEZ on 1,000 acres of land in Narayanganj
Published: 21:52 24 March 2019
Japanese Economic Zone is being set up at Araihazar in Narayanganj on some 1,000 acres of land where Japan’s famed Sumitomo Corporation would work as its developer.
Bangladesh Economic Zone Authority (BEZA) has already acquired 500 acres of land while another chunk of 500 acres of land were handed over to BEZA by the Narayanganj district administration today.
Deputy Commissioner of Narayanganj Rabbi Mia handed over the land to General Manager (investment development) of BEZA M Moniruzzaman at a simple ceremony held at the BEZA office in the capital, said a press release.
Member of Parliament from Narayanganj-2 constituency M Nazrul Islam Babu, BEZA Executive Chairman Paban Chowdury and Deputy Commissioner Rabbi Mia, were present, among others.
Executive Chairman of BEZA Paban Chowdhury said that establishing Japanese Economic Zone is a ‘milestone’ and a historic event for BEZA as it has undertaken various plans to set up the Zone on G to G basis.
He also hoped that the investors at the Japanese Economic Zone would set up planned and environment-friendly industries.
Lauding the operations of BEZA, Nazrul Islam Babu said through establishment of this SEZ, planned industrialization would be ensured side by side many new employment opportunities would be created.
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Excise duty on bank deposits increasing
- BB relaxes interest on all types of bank loans
- ADB approves additional $500m for Bangladesh
- Who gets govt stimulus Tk 2500
- TCB starts selling onion at Tk 25
- Price of tobacco products increase in FY21
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Global economy may suffer up to 9.7 pc due to COVID-19: ADB
20 million people to be given cash directly
- Bangladesh ranks 9th in strongest emerging economies
- Permission granted to open shopping malls, but..
- Mobile call rate, internet cost increasing
- Goods unloading suspended at Chattogram port
- Finance Minister to present budget proposal today