JU reopen tomorrow, classes from Dec 8
Published: 21:15 4 December 2019
Authorities of Jahangirnagar University (JU) today decided to reopen the dormitories from tomorrow and resume the academic activities from December 8 (Sunday).
The decision was taken at an emergency syndicate meeting on the campus with JU Vice-Chancellor Professor Farzana Islam in the chair, said JU press release here.
The syndicate sought cooperation from all concerned to help maintain congenial atmosphere for education on the campus, the release added.
On November 5, the university authorities closed the university for an indefinite period and asked all the students to vacate their respective dormitories.
The university authorities took the decision when a section of teachers and students staged demonstration demanding the resignation of the VC confining Dr Farzana inside her residence on the campus over her alleged involvement in corruption.
However, Dr Farzana repeatedly denied her involvement in any corruption.
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Registration for CoU Convocation begins
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- ‘Badhan Transfusion Center’ starts journey in DU
- JSC-JDC exam begins tomorrow
- JSC’s admit card correction till Oct 29
- BUP Admission test begins Friday
- Country’s first aviation university to be set up in Lalmonirhat
- Exam routine for PEC, Ebtedayee
- CONTRAST 3.0 to kick off tomorrow
- 2nd National Journalism Students Fest tomorrow
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Closing day of 4 day-long photography exhibition by BUPPS
CONTRAST 3.0 signing off tomorrow