JS opposition leader Raushan, deputy GM Quader
Published: 23:07 9 September 2019
Ending all drama and tension in the main opposition party in parliament, Jatiya Party senior co-chairman Raushan Ershad has been made Leader of the Opposition while its chairman GM Quader as deputy leader of the opposition.
The parliament secretariat today published a gazette recognising Raushan and Quader as opposition leader and deputy leader of the opposition respectively following Speaker Sharmin Chaudhury’s consent.
As per the understanding between Raushan and Quader faction on Saturday night, the JP chairman on Sunday sent a letter to the Speaker requesting her to make him deputy opposition leader and Raushan, the opposition leader.
Earlier on Sunday, the Jatiya Party Parliamentary Party in its meeting formally selected Raushan as the Leader of the Opposition in Parliament.
The weeklong drama and tension in post-Ershad JP intensified on September 3, the day, GM Quader sent a letter to the Speaker, requesting her to make him the Leader of the Opposition. After this announcement the drama ended.
- BNP`s politics depends on Television: Quader
- Bangladesh Awami League: 71 yrs of glorious journey
- ‘Domestic, foreign clique engaged in propaganda’
- Former Home Minister Sahara Khatun placed in ICU
- Our key agenda during pandemic is to ‘Help the people’: Lekhak
- Quader urges to celebrate Eid following health rules
- Mahbubul Alam Hanif flies to Canada
- Nasim’s condition unchanged after 8 days of life support
- Islami Oikya Jote chairman Maulana Nezami passes away
- ‘BNP making provocative remarks to break the unity’
- ‘If situation worsens, govt will go tougher decisions again’
- Nasim’s condition stable, remains under observation for 72 hrs
- No politics with reliefs: Tofail
- BNP lost from politics field: Khalid Mahmud
- ‘Awami League’s tradition to stand by people in disasters’