JS opposition leader Raushan, deputy GM Quader
Published: 23:07 9 September 2019
Ending all drama and tension in the main opposition party in parliament, Jatiya Party senior co-chairman Raushan Ershad has been made Leader of the Opposition while its chairman GM Quader as deputy leader of the opposition.
The parliament secretariat today published a gazette recognising Raushan and Quader as opposition leader and deputy leader of the opposition respectively following Speaker Sharmin Chaudhury’s consent.
As per the understanding between Raushan and Quader faction on Saturday night, the JP chairman on Sunday sent a letter to the Speaker requesting her to make him deputy opposition leader and Raushan, the opposition leader.
Earlier on Sunday, the Jatiya Party Parliamentary Party in its meeting formally selected Raushan as the Leader of the Opposition in Parliament.
The weeklong drama and tension in post-Ershad JP intensified on September 3, the day, GM Quader sent a letter to the Speaker, requesting her to make him the Leader of the Opposition. After this announcement the drama ended.
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- ASM Abdur Rab hospitalized
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Quader visit ailing Ershad at CMH
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront