JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
Published: 15:27 24 June 2019 Updated: 15:34 24 June 2019
Photo: Star Mail
The agitated activists of Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) took a position in front of the party's central office in Nayapaltan in the capital on Monday against the expulsion of their leaders from the student front and the newly-imposed age limits for its members.
At this time, chase, counter chase took place between the two factions of the student wing. At one stage of the chaos, several cocktails blasted there. The agitated leaders also demanded the resignation of Senior Joint Secretary-General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
According to the pre-announced ultimatum, a procession of more than 1000 leaders and activists assembled in front of BNP's central office around 11:30 am on Monday. At one stage, they locked up the collapsible gate of the office.
On the other hand, hundreds of activists of Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal, Jubo Dal, Swechchasebok Dal, and Mahanagar BNP have been staying inside the office. Leaders and activists of Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal and BNP's front and associate organizations took a position in the adjoining area of the office. The protesters have been told from the office that any kind of untoward incident will be resisted.
Meanwhile, a tension spread between the two factions of the student front when the protesters locked up the gate of the office. Later, six cocktails blast in a procession of Chhatra Dal demanding the announcement of the schedule at around 1:00 pm while leaving the BNP office.
Party's central joint secretary Al Ashraf Mamun was injured in the cocktail blast. The protesters claimed that the syndicate is behind the attack. Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal's former Vice President Ikhtiar Kabir confirmed the matter.
- BNP`s politics depends on Television: Quader
- No alternative of unity in coronavirus disaster: Obaidul Quader
- Bangladesh Awami League: 71 yrs of glorious journey
- ‘Domestic, foreign clique engaged in propaganda’
- Former Home Minister Sahara Khatun placed in ICU
- Our key agenda during pandemic is to ‘Help the people’: Lekhak
- Quader urges to celebrate Eid following health rules
- Mahbubul Alam Hanif flies to Canada
- Nasim’s condition unchanged after 8 days of life support
- ‘BNP making provocative remarks to break the unity’
- Islami Oikya Jote chairman Maulana Nezami passes away
- ‘If situation worsens, govt will go tougher decisions again’
- Nasim’s condition stable, remains under observation for 72 hrs
- No politics with reliefs: Tofail
- BNP lost from politics field: Khalid Mahmud