JCD council postponed for leadership crisis in BNP: Quader
Published: 18:37 14 September 2019
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Saturday said the council of Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) has been postponed due to BNP’s leadership crisis.
He came up with the remarks while talking to reporters at a discussion and doa mahfil program organized by Dhaka South Jubo League, making the birth anniversary of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Asked about the allegation of BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir that the JCD council was postponed due to government interference, he said,” The council has been suspended due to a case filed by some JCD leaders. Neither the government nor Awami League is responsible for it.”
BNP leader Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Friday termed ‘unprecedented’ the court injunction on holding the council of their party’s student body JCD.
“The current government has introduced a new political culture of regulating politics through the court. It’s a very dangerous culture, I think,” he said.
He said it is regrettable that the government has been ‘using’ the court for the last 10 years to make its political gains. “They annulled the caretaker government system by using the court putting the nation and country into uncertainty.”
Talking about graft, Quader said the government has taken a strong stance against the corrupt in the party.
During Awami League government, he said, its ministers have been appearing before the Anti-Corruption Commission, many leaders and activists are serving jail term due to the strong stance of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina against corruption.
Jubo League chairman Omar Faruk Chowdhury declared a month-long program marking the birth anniversary of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Dhaka South Jubo League celebrated Day of People’s Empowerment on September 9 while north Jubo League on September 11, marking the birth anniversary of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
The day will be celebrated on September 16 and 17 in Dhaka and Gazipur districts. Besides, the day will be celebrated across the country on September 28.
Awami League Joint General Secretary Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Economic Samity President Prof Abul Barkat, Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen, Jubo League Former General Secretary Mirza Azam, Jubo League General Secretary Harun-ur-Rashid and Publicity Secretary Iqbal Mahmud Bablu was present at the event held with Dhaka South Jubo League President Ismail Chowdhury Samrat in the chair.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman