JCD activists lock BNP central office
Published: 17:30 11 June 2019 Updated: 17:32 11 June 2019
Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal activists locked the main gate of BNP's central office in Nayapaltan today demanding cancellation of the party’s directives about age limit in forming its new committee.
Several hundred leaders and activists of the recently-dissolved JCD central committee gathered in front of the party office around 11am and started demonstration there. At one stage, they locked the main gate and continued their protest programme.
The protesters were chanting slogans in favour of their demand for cancellation of the age limit.
The demonstrators of JCD, BNP’s student body, were also demanding the cancellation of the announcement about dissolving their central committee.
They said they want BNP to form a short-term JCD committee without keeping any age ceiling.
The JCD demonstrators were also demanding the cancellation of the announcement about dissolving their central committee.
The protestors also snapped the power connection to the BNP office around 12:50pm.
As some ex-JCD leaders, including Shamsuzzaman Dudu, Amanullah Aman, Fazlul Haq Milon, Shaheeduddin Chowdhury Anne, ABM Mosharraf Hossain, Shafiul Bari Babu came to the spot, the protestors engaged in argument with them and barred them from entering the office.
BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi and some other party leaders were staying inside the office.
On June 3, the central committee of BNP’s student body Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) was dissolved.
A BNP press release, signed by BNP Senior Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, said a new JCD committee will be formed within the next 45 days based on the opinions of its councillors.
It said those who will contest election for different posts of JCD will have to be primary members, students of any educational institution of Bangladesh and must pass SSC and equivalent examination after 2000.
On October 14, 2014, JCD’s last committee was formed making Rajib Ahsan its president and Akramul Hasan its general secretary.
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- ASM Abdur Rab hospitalized
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Quader visit ailing Ershad at CMH
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront