International Day of Yoga today
Published: 12:03 21 June 2021 Updated: 12:40 21 June 2021
The seventh International Day of Yoga has been celebrating across the world on Monday virtually due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This year's theme of the day is “Yoga for well-being”.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his gratitude to his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina for celebrating International Day of Yoga every year in Bangladesh.
Over the past one and a half year, Yoga has gained more importance due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Yoga is an ancient Indian meditative technique that helps in maintaining physical and mental well-being, and over the years, it has found popularity in other countries as well.
In 2014, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi proposed marking a day as the International Day of Yoga in his address at the UN General Assembly, and the proposal was endorsed by 175 member states, post which the United Nations recognised June 21 as the day to celebrate Yoga.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic