Instructions on tuition fee exemption being issued
Published: 20:36 22 October 2020
The Department of Secondary and Higher Education is going to issue new guidelines regarding tuition fee exemption in educational institutions this month considering the coronavirus situation.
Confirming the matter on Thursday, the Director General of the Department of Secondary and Higher Education, Prof. Dr. Syed Golam Farooq said, no instructions will be given in a pouring manner. In the coronavirus situation, some parents are in financial crisis in many ways. It will be instructed to waive the tuition fees of those children.
He further said that there has been some complication regarding tuition fees in some educational institutions of the district cities of the country including the capital Dhaka. Considering the issue of students who are not able to pay tuition fees in these institutions, authority have started the work of making a guideline in this regard. It will be issued within this month.
It is learned that parents in financial crisis may be instructed to pay some amount of the tuition fee of their children at a discount.
Incidentally, tuition fees are being collected from parents by creating pressure in different schools of different districts and cities of the country including the capital. Many institutions are forcing them to pay the arrears by taking online exams. Students are also being threatened that they will not be promoted to the next class if they fail to pay. In this situation, the parents are in trouble with the child's tuition fee.
- SSC exams in 2021 likely to be cancelled
- 42nd, 43rd BCS circular today
- BUP lecturer leaves for Cambridge with Commonwealth scholarship
- 43rd BCS circular soon
- How students to be promoted from class 8 to class 9
- Monthly internet bundle at Tk 100 for students
- Hidden stories behind a ‘viral anti-rape’ photo
- No ‘autopass’, students to pass into next class on assessment
- Next SSC-HSC exams likely to be delayed
- Dipu Moni: HSC exam to be taken in two weeks’ preparations
- Class-XI admission begins
- Decision on HSC exams schedule today
- No quota for primary teachers recruitment
- 40th BCS written exam results to be published soon
- Online classes for Grade XI begins